This is the pumpkin pie recipe that I have used since graduate school in Halifax. It is exceptionally easy and delicious.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Beat pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, and spices in bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.